The two-seat biplane Curtiss JN-4 was mass-produced from 1917. It soon acquired the nickname “Curtiss Jenny”. It was very widespread especially in the years between the Wars. During this time, about 95% of the American and Canadian pilots flew it in flying schools. Private owners used it as a show plane. Because flight restrictions were only introduced in 1927, there were exhibitions of aerobatics all over the USA. People became familiar with the Curtiss Jenny in this way, and in fact they became very enthusiastic about everything concerning American aviation. The Curtiss Jenny could also be seen in many films of the 20s and 30s.
There were several different versions of the Curtiss JN-4. The most popular model was the JN-4D. The aircraft manufacturer Glenn Curtiss signed a contract for almost 4.5 million dollars with the U.S. Army for the production of 1,400 of these school planes. The Curtiss JN-4D had a wingspan of 13.30 m and a wing expanse of 32.70 m². All versions of the Curtiss Jenny had the characteristic that the lower wings were shorter than the upper wings. The 630 kg-heavy machine was powered by a 91 horsepower engine and reached a top speed of 121 km per hour. Nowadays the Curtiss Jenny can be admired in museums and several machines are still airworthy.
Length: 17 cm
Width: 27 cm
Height: 7 cm
Number of sheets: 2
– No feedback has been given for Schreiber-Bogen Card Modelling Curtiss JN-4 "Jenny". –