(function soluteLandingTracking(){ if (location.href.indexOf("soluteclid") < 0) return; localStorage.setItem("soluteclid", (new Date()).getTime()+" "+location.href); var url = "https://cmodul.solutenetwork.com/landing"; url += "?url=" + encodeURIComponent(location.href); var req = new XMLHttpRequest(); req.open("GET", url); req.send(); })();

Aue Verlag

Schreiber-Bogen Card modeling Berlin Cathedral

Item number 630

Item ID 630

* Incl. VAT excl. Shipping

Schreiber-Bogen Card modeling Berlin Cathedral

Berlin Cathedral

Berlin Cathedral
(Oberpfarr- and Cathedral Church of Berlin)

The history of the Berlin Cathedral began in the 15th century when Pope Paul II. A chapel in the castle rose to the pin. From this period dates also the official name today cathedral. The pin was moved in the 16th century in a former Dominican church and named after the Reformation the Protestant Church. In the 17th century, the cathedral only top church, a short time later reformed court and parish church. Due to disrepair Frederick the Great demolish the cathedral in the 18th century and built a Baroque building at the present location on the Spree Island.
Today's Berlin Cathedral was built in the years 1894-1905 in the vicinity of the former Berlin City Palace and the pleasure garden. The job to had. Granted Kaiser Wilhelm II. The representative building in the style of Italian Renaissance was not without controversy because of its magnificent decorations and its oversized dimensions. The building had a total area of ​​approximately 6,270 M178 ;. The length of the church was about 114 m. The dome in the middle of the church also stood about 114 meters into the air. The church was divided into three areas: baptismal and wedding chapel, preaching church and memorial church in which, among other treasures and tombs of the Hohenzollern, the family of the Emperor, were located. In addition, the church was divided into three floors: basement vault, church room and tower and dome basement. The interior walls and exterior facades were richly illustrated with scenes from the New Testament and from the time of the Reformation. The Hohenzollern founded the About dimensions with their thanks for divine grace. Moreover, called Kaiser Wilhelm II the building as;. Central building of Protestantism ;.
During the Second World War, the cathedral was badly damaged. In 1951, the cathedral received a Notbedachung. At the time services were held for security reasons in the tomb area. From 1975 the reconstruction began. In the dome area serious changes were made. In addition, the memorial church was demolished. From 1980, the church in the area of ​​earlier baptismal and wedding chapel was used partly again. The sermon church was reopened in 1993 solemnly. The Hohenzollern crypt since 1999, reopened to the public. It is located in the crypt basement of the church sermon. In 2002, the last dome mosaic was unveiled. Thus the restoration is complete.
The mosaics in the dome are illustrations of the Beatitudes from the Sermon on the Mount. Each mosaic is about 39 M178; and consists of approximately 500,000 colored glass stones. The establishment of the sanctuary dates back to the predecessors of the cathedral, the Petrus mosaic was lost in the postwar years and was brought back to Berlin 1996th The altar windows were destroyed during the war and reconstructed in the years 1987 to 1997. The lower row of windows shows the birth, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. The upper row of windows is the Christian concepts of faith, love and hope.

Length: 33 cm

Width: 28 cm

Height: 32 cm

Difficulty: 3

Arches: 9.5

Scale: 1: 300

Children model