The minster building was started as a gothic hall church with three naves of the same height and width. With the construction, parts of a church were used which had stood before the gates of Ulm and had been pulled down. Later the plans were changed in favour of a basilica, where the main nave was somewhat higher than the two side aisles. The enormous west tower of the church had a close relationship to the building of the main nave. At the end of the 15th century the lower part of the tower was considered to be in danger of falling down, as it could no longer carry the weight of the upper part of the tower, which was getting higher and higher. In about 1500 the building had to be strengthened by additional constructions. Among other things, another arch was put in above the organ. During these changes a row of slim columns was added to each of the side aisles, and these carry a star vault.
In the middle of the 19th century a renewed renovation of the minster was necessary. During this time unfinished parts from the Middle Ages, as for example the choir towers were built further. During this building period the west tower reached its final height of about 162 metres and is therefore the highest church tower in the world. The highest platform which can be reached is at the tower ring at a height of 143 metres. In order to reach it, one has to climb 768 steps. At a height of about 70 metres there is the belfry, where there are ten bells. One of these bells is still rung by hand. The so-called “Swear Bell” rings for the celebration of “Swear Monday”, when in 1397 one swore on the constitution in Ulm.
Length: 48 cm
Width: 21 cm
Height: 54 cm
Number of sheets: 15
– No feedback has been given for Schreiber-Bogen Card Modelling Ulm Minster. –