Aue Verlag

Schreiber-Bogen Card modeling Stephansdom Vienna



Item number 701


* Incl. VAT excl. Shipping

Schreiber-Bogen Card modeling Stephansdom Vienna

St. Stephen's Cathedral Vienna

to cut colored model and stick together!

Material: paper, cardboard

Number of sheets: 12,5

Scale: 1: 300

Difficulty: 3

Additionally necessary: ​​paper scissors, glue
Helpful tools: scalpel, bone folder, small clamps and needles for fixing

The manufacturer classifies his models in five levels of difficulty one:

"Children Model": very light and with childlike motifs
"0": beginners model
"1": Easy
"2": Medium
"3": Heavy



Historic St. Stephen's Cathedral Vienna

The founding of St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna goes back to the year 1137th This year, the Margrave Leopold IV. And the Bishop of Passau entered into a swap contract. Through the exchange of goods, the bishop wanted to finance the construction of a church that was to be dedicated to St. Stephen. The construction of the first Romanesque church was completed in the 1147th The late Romanesque west façade still preserved, was built in the mid-13th century. It includes the heath towers and the huge gate. The name of the gate, which is still the main entrance to the cathedral today, probably derives from the Middle High German word "risen" (= fall, fall), and the funnel-like shape describes the portal. Early 14th century, the building was supplemented by an enlarged choir in Gothic style. Today it is called by its owners, the Dukes Albrecht I and Albrecht II., Also called "Albertine Choir". From the middle of the 15th century the south tower and the Gothic nave were completed and canceled the earlier Romanesque nave. 1450 put Friedrich III. the foundation for the North Tower, which, however, could not be completed. Since the diocese founded in Vienna in 1469 the now-completed St. Stephen's Cathedral is a cathedral.
The south tower is 136.40 meters, the highest tower of St. Stephen's Cathedral. In the former Austria-Hungary no church could be higher than the south tower. Since 1534, the tallest building in Vienna was also fire station. daytime display a watchman had fires within the city with a red flag and at night with a red lantern. The post of watchman existed 421 years long. In the South Tower 13 bells are generally housed. The most famous bell, also "Pummerin" called, hangs in the north tower. After the siege of Vienna by the Turks in 1683, she was cast from cannon balls. In a fire caused by looters in April 1945, the valuable parts of the cathedral destroyed, the Pummerin crashed. As was the rebuilding of the cathedral in 1952 completed, they hanged the newly cast Pummerin back into the north tower. In addition to the towers, the roof of the most striking features of St. Stephen's Cathedral belongs. It is covered with 230,000 tiles that are arranged in a zigzag pattern. Since the 19th century is located on a side of the roof above the choir an imperial eagle of colorful bricks. On the opposite side of the roof was laid in 1950 from the Vienna coat of arms and the Austrian eagle.
To the left of the main gate there are two recessed into the wall metal rods, called cloth and linen Nelle. Here citizens could check whether the cloth goods purchased were measured correctly to protect yourself from fraud. In the Middle Ages threatened dealers severe punishment if they reported the extent of their goods incorrectly. A recess near the Tuchelle is alleged to have served as a measure of the size of a loaf of bread. However, these are just to wear appearance through the door anchorage. At a buttress of the choir you can see the oldest sundial in Vienna. Dating back to the year 1451. On the west side of the cathedral can be seen the signs of movement O5 who made during World War II anti-Nazi resistance. The signs were originally painted with white paint on the wall. The color was replaced by an engraving, which is now a listed building.

Similar